How to correct / amend a SAR

If a SAR you filed was accepted by FinCEN with status Submission accepted or Submission successful and you later realize you made a mistake or omitted important information, you can file an amended report.

In this case, you need one thing:

  • the <sar_id> of the specific SAR filing that needs to be amended or corrected

How to correct or amend a report


To preserve a clean record, you MUST duplicate a SAR to amend it.

To submit an amended/corrected report, follow these steps:

  1. Go to<sar_id> Replace the <sar_id> with the id provided.
  2. Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click duplicate
  1. In the Home form, check the Type of filing as Correct/Amend prior report.
  2. Record the BSA id of the prior report that you are amending. You can find the BSA id of the previous SAR by searching for it on Report Filings page.
  3. Ensure the report is completely filled out and has the corrections.
  4. Submit the amended report.