If a SAR you filed has a fatal issue, it may be returned with the status
FINCEN_REJECTED which means the report was not accepted by FinCEN.
When a case is
Rejected you need to re-submit the report.
In this case, Unit21 will notify you with two things:
<sar_id>of the specific SAR filing that needs to be fixed
- message from FinCEN regarding what needs to be fixed
Once notified, you will need to fix the specific SAR filing and re-submit:
- an Initial Report if it was originally an Initial report
- an Amended report if it was originally an Amended report
It is very important that you submit an Initial report if the rejected SAR was an Initial report and only submit an Amended report if the rejected SAR was originally an Amended report.
To preserve a clean record, you MUST duplicate a SAR to fix it.
To submit a new report, follow these steps:
- Go to
<sar_id>with the id provided.
- Click the Duplicate button.
- In the Home form, make sure the Type of filing is the same as the original report.
- Ensure the report is completely filled out and has the corrections.
- Submit the new report.
When FinCEN rejects a SAR, it's still considered an initial report, as the report was never processed.
When refiling a rejected SAR, don't mark its filing type as
Amendedunless the original rejected SAR was itself an amended document.
Updated 9 months ago