How to fix an accepted SAR

If a SAR you filed has an issue, it may be returned with the status FINCEN_STATUS_OTHER which means Accepted with warning.

When a case is Accepted with warning you need to fix the report.

In this case, Unit21 will notify you with two things:

  • the <sar_id> of the specific SAR filing that needs to be fixed
  • the message from FinCEN regarding what needs to be fixed

Once notified, you will need to fix the specific SAR filing and submit:

  • an Initial Report if it was originally an Initial report
  • an Amended report if it was originally an Amended report


It is very important that you submit an Initial report if the warned SAR was an Initial report and only submit an Amended report if the warned SAR was originally an Amended report.

How to fix a report with warning


To preserve a clean record, you MUST duplicate a SAR to fix it.

To fix a report, follow these steps:

  1. Go to<sar_id> Replace the <sar_id> with the id provided.
  2. Click the Duplicate button.
  3. In the Home form, make sure the Type of filing is the same as the original report.
  4. Record the BSA id of the prior report that you are amending. You can find the BSA id of the previous SAR by searching for it on Report Filings page.
  5. Ensure the report is completely filled out and has the corrections.
  6. Submit the fixed report.