Store Documents in Alerts and Cases
When using the Dashboard, you have the option to add a document such as an image, a PDF, or a text file to an Alert or a Case.
Documents can be uploaded to:
- The Unit21 Amazon S3 bucket (a protected cloud based storage service)
- Your Google Drive
Unit21 Amazon S3
- There are no limitations or setup needed to upload alert and case files to the Unit21 storage for your needs.
Your Google Drive
- The Google Drive requires that your organization's administrator set it up. It is used organization wide, it is not to be used on a per-agent basis.
- To setup the Google Drive, go to Settings->Integrations and add your Google Drive Folder URL.
- The Google Drive only works if your organization uses the Google log-in (not magic link or other SSO) to access the Dashboard.
- Google docs attached to an Alert and/or Case are not downloadable.
A maximum of 100 files are supported per alert/case.
If you think your workflow may require this limit to be raised, please contact your CSM.
Unit21 supports any file type and file size.
Adding a Document to an Alert or a Case:
- Log-in to your Dashboard.
- Select an Alert or a Case.
- Click on the
- Drag-and-drop the document of your choice in the window:
- Wait for the file to upload securely.
- Success the file has been uploaded:
- In the right hand side menu of the file, you can choose to delete, download or edit the file:
- You can preview the document by clicking on the item in the table.
It is also possible to change the file name in this view as well as add a description.
Security and Compliance
Your files will be stored securely on Amazon S3, a private cloud storage service from Amazon.
Unit21 follows all Amazon best practices for its S3 configuration:
- Private Buckets
- Blocked public access
- Stringent Read and Write access
- Encryption both in-transit and at-rest
Unit21 uses AWS Cloudtrail which provides granular access logs for monitoring purposes.
- For those that require an alternate option, documents may be uploaded to your own Google Drive:
Updated 3 months ago