To create a finCEN report:
- Head to Report Filings in the Unit21 dashboard.
- Make sure to select the FinCEN SAR tab.
- From there, you can create a new SAR or edit an existing SAR.
SARs can also be created from cases.
SARs can be created from alerts if you have access to a specific workflow.
- Initial Report - A standard and original FinCEN SAR
- Corrected / Amended Report - A corrected report on a previously-filed FinCEN SAR or prior
SAR versions must be filed whenever errors are discovered in the data reported in that FinCEN
- Continuing Report - A continuing report should be filed on suspicious activity that
continues after an initial FinCEN SAR is filed.
- Joint Report - A FinCEN SAR may be jointly filed when two or more distinct financial
institutions collaborate in filing a single FinCEN SAR on suspicious activity involving all of the
collaborating financial institutions.
- Step 0: Home: Information about your organization and the reporting agent.
- Step 1: Filing Institution: Information about your organization and the reporting agent.
- Step 2: Financial Institution: Information about the organization where the fraud occurred.
- Step 3: Subject Information: Information about the fraudulent entity.
- Step 4: Suspicious Activity Information: Information about the fraudulent transactions.
- Step 5: Narrative: Free-form, explanatory notes about the Case and the motivations for filing
There is a 99 entity limit for SAR filings!
Updated 24 days ago
Did this page help you?